MODERATORS, NB: READ MY FIRST POST IN THIS TOPIC: It is not just about knocking Revs and Religions; it is also about the other side of the coin--the looking for the good and positive values.
==================================
I understand that your first name is Dan. Unless you prefer otherwise, I will use it, okay? You can call me LGK or Lindsay, even Linds, for short.

Dan: Your last post is such a rant and filled with so many invidious, unfair argumentum ad hominems (AAH's) that I hardly know where to begin.

WHAT DID KATE SAY?
In view of this, I will simply ask: What was Kate's response to your ranting and railing--even before I got involved--and your demand that the thread be killed? (censored)

BTW 1, had she agreed with you, in your attempt to impose censorship here, you would have effectively gotten rid of me. Meanwhile, your personal attacks are preventing a lot of thin-skinned souls--unlike me--from getting involved.

For your information. over the years I took a lot of vitriolic crap from philistine-like, unscientific people, opposed to my critical, analytical and inclusive approach the study of the Bible and to ministry. None of their crap stuck.

At 77 I am still, in there, working on integrating, philosophy (including religious faith), the sciences and the arts.

It the light of your attempt to censor all threads having to do with the discussion of religion, it is obvious that your following statement: [quote"I don't want you to leave." is pure hypocrisy.

BTW 2, Religion and the Bible can be discussed, objectively--as Kate realises--without the need for evangelizing. Needless to say, I oppose dogma and evangelizing.

BTW 3, how come your name has 'moderator' written beneath it?