Does "karma" not have a whiff of divinity about it, or at least the supernatural. After all the "punishment" comes as a result of the behaviour, so it must have a causative agent surely. Whether this is a god or an irresistible force of Nature would be open to debate.

I also think I muddled up predestination and reincarnation a bit. Reincarnation has to ackowledge predestination, but predestination would be "God's plan for us"-- a concept alive and well to many christians.

I do not believe in freewill or predestination as a concept because to me they appear to be part of the relgious construct that permeates every level of our lives without our recognising it is so. I think that it is possible to have reality without needing either--because to have either it is necessary to acknowledge the 'administrator' of such planning (ie what are we rebelling against?) I don't believe that such an entity exists. No god, no karma and no pesky rhinocerous!! Just Earth and its inhabitants making the best of it as they can, as part of the larger cosmos. I think such concepts as freewill or predestination help some of us to deal with reality- as we negotiate chaos.