Ellis, moral and ethical Secular humanists who treat their fellow human with kindness and respect are okay in my books. When someone asks me: Are you a Christian? I say, ask my neighbour, including all I encounter.

IMHO, the secular universe is within G?D in the same way that fish are within the water, birds are within the air and galaxies are within space.
If there is anything beyond space, that is G?D.

As I have said elsewhere: IMHO, physically speaking G?D is like gravity; mentally speaking G?D is like knowledge, information, and spiritually speaking G?D is Spirit, Love, the power in each of us to will that all things work together for good.

I can't imagine why anyone, with any kind of desire for making the best of life, would be against this. It is like being against breathing, healthy drinking, and eating, living.

BTW, I am with secular humanists who resent having dogmas, creeds, rituals and institutional rules shoved in their faces by organized religions--many members of which are diabolic agents of evil. Fortunately, there are also some church members who are just as good as good secular humanists. smile This is what keeps me involved.

I think of a good church as being like a good hospital; it is a place where the sick can get the help they need and become productive members of society.

I don't expect every church member to be a saint. But I like them to be making a sincere attempt. I believe in deeds, not just creeds. Creeds, are like good prescriptions; they only have value if they help us be healthy and do the good we need to do.

I LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING AT THE FOLLOWING SITE:
http://www.goldenruleradical.org/

Last edited by Revlgking; 03/03/07 06:05 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org