redewenur ...

1. I wrote "or a deterministic universe." And clearly we are not in one.

2. Being bound by the laws of physics of course. Flapping your arms while falling off a cliff will not make you a bird. But assuming that you have free-will to make all decisions is also unrealistic.
Do you believe that when a pebble flies toward your face you have free will to NOT blink? Do you believe that when you have a kidney stone you have free will to ignore the pain?

I think free will has limits. Possibly severe ones.

The universe is provably indeterminate. Drop eggs off the counter onto the floor in exactly the same way over and over until you come to believe it too.

The concept of free will is a life-form construct. I think we can safely assume the moon does not conceive of itself as having free will. So lets start with the ameoba and work our way up. Does an amoeba consciously make decisions as to the path it chooses when searching for food? Or is it a captive reacting to chemical queues and programming that says "first left then right?" I've no doubt the worm, if it can, thinks it is making decisions. I'm not sure too many two-legged sentients would agree. And in the same way I am not so convinced that my fellow inhabitants of this planet are for the most part conscious. Though I've no doubt they think they are.

DA Morgan