TFF: WE ARE OFF TOPIC, OF COURSE, but I feel we are evolved enough to handle it, right? smile

I also hope I am evolved enough to handle being corrected. While I am interested is all science theories, including evolution, I readily admit there are many things about which I am ignorant and I gladly defer to the experts.

BLESSED ARE THE TEACHABLE
In addition, I HOPE I am also teachable--the basic meaning of the word "meek", as found in The Beattitude (positive and happy attitude), "Blessed are the meek (the humble, lovingly teachable) for they shall inherit the earth (meaning the physical universe, not just our planet earth)."

As you noted, I wrote: "If we evolved from them, there would be no apes today, right?"

TFF, you responded: "That is not correct. That is an extremely common misconception about evolution."

Please tell me: What is proper conception of evolution?

Your correction adds to my understanding of evolution, which I have no problem accepting. It fits in with my concept of what G?D is all about. Unlike the "perfect" God I was told about as a child, G?D, in my meek and humble opinion, is the supreme example of meekness and, therefore, G?D (the total cosmos) is capable of evolving, ad infinitum.

Does your correction mean that you believe--or perhaps you know?--that a perhaps a certain group of apes became meeker, more teachable than others? Is this what gave them the ability to dominate?

If so, we need to ask: In what way? And, to what extent? Currently, are there groups of human beings meeker than others? What is the nature and function of meekness.

Interestingly, humility, meekness, the ability to be teachable are the opposite of being arrogantly proud. Also interesting: Pride is always on the top of any listing of the deadly human sins.

I AM REMINDED OF THE NINTH VERSE OF GRAY'S ELEGY

The boast of heraldry, the pomp of power,
And all that beauty, all that wealth e'er gave,
Awaits alike th' inevitable hour:-
The paths of glory lead but to the grave.