Dan,

Because you have philosophical objections to God's actions that you cannot overcome (some of which seem to be driven from an emotional position), it does not for one moment disprove the existence of God. It just shows that God has not ordered the Universe as Dan Morgan thinks he should.

Because you cannot accept the historical scriptural evidence and actually take a position different to that of a great deal of Christian and non-Christian scholars, does not invalidate the scriptures. Just because you can make no sense of how they were selected and brought together does not invalidate the choices that were made.

Just because you cannot work out that they are sufficient to inform the believer's life, and you cannot understand their coherence and the fact that they are 'fit for the purpose', does not invalidate them - it just shows that they are not sufficient for you, based upon the life choice you have made.

Just because you contemptuously disregard the place of personal religious experience as a supporting factor to the evidence of scripture and a reliable secondary proof does not invalidate it one bit - it is your opinion.

I believe you have rejected God at a personal level (for whatever reasons) and just rationalise it all away and confirm the choice you have made to disregard God and any claim He may have on your life.

Sincere seekers and those willing to accept God's claim to their lives have been rewarded with an experience that you cannot even come close to knowing about. Because you disregard it as psychological phenomena only defines it as such in your own head.

Your constant railing against everything religious and your inability to concede even one point, but remain absolutely assured of your own infallibity has certainly made me consider my beliefs, but has not presented a cogent argument that effectively challenges them.

As Jim Wood rightly says, all I am doing by defending my beliefs is giving you a platform to belittle them.

Well I think whether I engage with you or not, you will still find an outlet for your dislike of anything not centred in 'scientific rational thought'. Well you are surely welcome to your god, and your misplaced faith in your own ability to have this 'reality thing' all nicely packaged.

Regards,

Blacknad.