Dear DA,

You said and quoted...
"Genesis 19 - The Bible simply reports it. It does not condone it."

This is your testimony? Under oath? Are you sure you want to stick with it?

Lot and his family were saved? Why? That is the lesson of Genesis 19. God saved the good person and destroyed the evil people. Lot, by definition, is a good person. And the context is that just before that he gave his virgin daughters to be raped to save a man ... and we all know because a stranger, male, is more valuable than a female child. That is truly the meaning of the story when read in context."

You forgot that Abraham asked God to bring Lot out of the city. After Abraham asked that of God, he began debating about destroying the cities. Don't quote a small portion of the Bible and don't assume anything about my beliefs.

You also wrote: "What you do to children, however, is quite another matter. Having children does not give you the right to sexually abuse them. Having children does not give you the right to physically abuse them. Why should mental abuse (lying about hell and Satan) suffer a lower standard? Because it excuses you from responsibility? Tough!"
when I said: "How is my beliefs or the beliefs of my children any of your concern?"

So you are saying that my own children's beliefs are negligent? They believe their own thing I assure you.

I said: "One last thing. If every action has an opposite and equal reaction, what is the action that created intelligence, if evolution without guidance is correct? (Remember atheist, opposite and equal.)
Logic sux doesn't it."

If a unified theory is to be attained then Relativity must be taken into account when viewing Evolution. If you don't believe that then you muct not be looking for a theory of everything.

You say: "Why should mental abuse (lying about hell and Satan) suffer a lower standard?"

You know so much about the Bible, why don't you try finding hell in the Bible and define it...
Just because most "christians" don't take the time to find out that hell is just the grave doesn't mean that I haven't. In the Bible, when people are burned in Revelations in a lake of fire, that Lake comes from the throne of God. And if you read farther you find that the Throne of God is on earth. So the Fire that Consumes souls is on earth, and where God is. The Bible also says that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. That tells me that no one goes to a place called hell. Hell=Grave, tumb,coffin.

You sure can find the ugly parts of the Bible, and you sure can get offended by me telling you to read the Bible. But I still don't see you studying anything.

you say: "I have read it ... cover to cover ... multiple times. Who wrote it? When? In what language? You don't even know the original 10 commandments, 10 simple declarative sentences, and you think you can understand the rest of it? Good grief!"

The first commandment is "You shall have no Gods before me." Even atheists have a god they worship. It is themself, they edify it by insisting one thing, There is no God. I let them think what they please, even if they are closeminded.
BTW Jesus abbreviated the 10 commandments into 2
THe first is to "Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart mind soul ect." and the second is to "Love your neighbor as yourself." In that you will find the 10 commandments covered. But you knew that didn't you.

I think to much I think
rlb60123