Quote:
Go along a little bit more and he will talk about the emission of a photon which is how the atom loses energy

the guy in the video never said anything like that.

what you posted did mention something about a random event.

Quote:
In each absorption event, the atom loses a momentum equal to the momentum of the photon. If the atom, which is now in the excited state, emits a photon spontaneously, it will be kicked by the same amount of momentum but in a random direction. The result of the absorption and emission process is a reduced speed of the atom

Quote:
In each absorption event, the atom loses a momentum equal to the momentum of the photon.

each and if , tells me that the if might by chance slow the atom but the each always slows the atom.

every absorption causes the atom to slow in the intended direction.

if there is a spontaneous chance occurrence of a photon emission it will kick the atom in a random direction.

so , I was right.

so basically its saying that there are 2 separate processes.

1) absorption , without emission.
and
2) absorbtion , with emission.

but in each of the 2 processes the absorption slows the atom
due to the photons kinetic energy being absorbed by the atom.

I didnt need anything but a solid grasp on physics in our discussion , I dont think that QM belongs in this realm.

after the kinetic energy has gone and nothing could be predicted using classical physics then QM would be needed to
predict what the base energies would do in certain situations
but a firm grasp on classical physics is needed even as you peer deeper and deeper into the void.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.