Originally Posted By: paul

every thing in the universe has a periphery , so logic dictates that the universe also has a periphery.

illogical thinking would be needed to claim otherwise.

I am not going to explain that one you need to read because it requires thinking.

You can not sail off the edge of the world nor can you go to the edge of the universe there are no ends to the Universe, and all points within it are equal. There are no special points in space no edges and no ends becuase it is a 3D manifold and you need to read up on that.

The cosmic background radition would not be present and we would not have it with us if this was not so (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background_radiation).

I am not going to explain this one too you because you treat everythign I try and teach and show you as hostile ... you need to read and follow the logic and proofs.

Quote:

sorry once again , the atom absorbed the energy of the photon.
I keep telling you that and the video explains that quite well.

And once again I explain to you the photon is not inside the atom it is outside it and a seperate entity.

Now lets change that situation the photon absorbs the energy and stays with atom can it slow it ... of coarse not you have to react with the outside world.

When you next in your car try jumping around, singing, sucking up vibration anything you want from inside the car that does not react with the outside world and tell me can you slow the car. You know you can't you have to put drag either onto the ground into the wind or some other thing outside the car to slow it.

The universe is no different to your car you can't slow it down from within the universe because any energy you exchange is still within the universe surely this is blatantly obvious.

You could slow the universe down assuming it was moving assuming you could exchange or react with things outside the universe.

Originally Posted By: paul

the kinetic energy of the photon is transferred to the atom.

the kinetic energy does not move away from the atom or outside the chamber it is absorbed by the atom.

kinetic energy is nothing but the motion of an object.

and it is this kinetic energy that excites the atom.

its needless to say that atoms dont just get excited over nothing.

so the energy of the photon moves into the atom , before the impact the atom has an amount of kinetic energy and the photon has an amount of kinetic energy.

after the impact the amount of kinetic energy that the atom has is less , its like 2-1=1

The keypoint you emit is the photon is also outside the atom that is and your words

>>> THE ENERGY LEFT THE ATOM IT WENT INTO THE PHOTON <<<.

How do you propose energy can leave the universe into where does it go it can't just disappear it didn't just disappear in you example above it left the thing that was slowing down.

SO TO SLOW THE UNIVERSE DOWN THE ENERGY GOES INTO ??????

Either
(A) the universe isn't infinite and the energy goes into the thing thats bigger than the universe
(B) you can't slow the universe down.

Choose (A) or (B) answer because there are no other choices

<SNIP>

I am going to ignore the bit about the 100Kg mass on the string because anyone who has gone to high school science level knows this stuff you have to be trolling.

Here is my troll back: http://www.visionlearning.com/library/flash_viewer.php?oid=1429&mid=46

And you are the gumby on the winch.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.