Quote:
Originally posted by Sue Hindmarsh:
Yes they did ? they showed that they did not value their sacrifice.
so where did they get satisfaction from the value of their sacrifice being showered on them. you claimed this was the reason they went. If this was the reason, why did those who saw this think they would get it instead when they returned.

Quote:
People make decisions based on their attachments. Go to war, or go to jail. Go to war for my family and friends, or stay at home and suffer guilt and shame.

Attachments carry people along on a roller coaster ride of happiness and sorrow.
-
Sue
what jail. that is only for those who are avoiding the draft. there are ways to do it even during the draft that does not involve having to "suffer guilt and shame". during peace time when there is no draft, there is do discussion of avoiding jail. during these times it is a choice of where to go and when. just because there are connections that make you want to go, IE, family and friends, does not mean that you have to go. few people feel any guilt or shame from not going to the military during peace time. Is it any less altruistic to join the military to safeguard your family and friends during peace time, just because you have friends and family. My family would have been much happier if i had stayed on the farm and helped the family rather than risking my life to go where i needed to be to protect them.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.