DA Morgan wrote:

Sue wrote:
"Yet to refuse to donate organs, or give bone marrow may bring more ?risks? than if you had. For example: if you live in a culture, family or couple where the other member/s value donating a kidney, etc,"

[QUOTE]
I'll grant that if you'll grant that it is not true for most the the inhabitants of the planet. And certainly not for those in first-world countries.[QUOTE]

-
The example I gave could easily be turned the other way round: that is, if you did agree to donate organs and your culture, family, etc, didn?t want you to, and threatened to disown you, or not respect you anymore ? you may then feel that your desire (whatever it may be) is not worth losing your loved ones for.

It all comes down to how strong your attachment is.
-

[QUOTE]
You seem to misuse the word "ego" in what you've written. If you want people to understand some pseudo-Freudian usage you need to explain your intent.[QUOTE]

-
Ego = Attachments.
-

[QUOTE]You seem awfully determined to be RIGHT. They just did it equates in the real-world with intrinsic behaviour ... we call it instinct. And it is altruistic. You are mincing words at the expense of intellectual integrity.[QUOTE]

-
Are you suggesting that ?intrinsic behaviour/instinct? is not subject to cause and effect?
-

[QUOTE]
Blacknad challenged you to provide a reference and you didn't. I know it is terribly unfriendly to do so and often gets in the way of people who wish to pontificate. But this IS a science forum and you really do NEED to provide some supporting material other than torturing the English language to support your point-of-view. Can you?[QUOTE]

-
Are you saying that an individual must always have his or her intellectual authority acknowledged by others before YOU can establish for yourself if what they are saying is true or not?

If that is the case ? where is your reference?

Not that it would influence me one iota ? as I judge people by their minds ? not by what others think of them.

-
Sue