Originally Posted By: Orac
Orac was a fictional computer in the TV series Blake's 7...

Nationality Tatar, from Uzbekistan, from the former USSR and there is something in the order I have written them :-)

Orac became my sort of hero ...

I was given political asylum by Australia in 1996 and am a proud Australian citizen ... I currently reside in USA because of my work....

Religion was very discouraged in my upbringing whilst tolerated there was definite frowning upon.

My area of expertise is modeling astrophysics and particle and high energy physics.

I am slowly looking at religion ... very hard. A lot seem to want to grab you and brainwash you, I know that is probably harsh but from where I come from anyone trying to force you to "think this way" ... umm theres an expression ... gets my back up ... I think?

I am reading a few books but a lot of them are hard going ... one of my friends calls them "fire and brimstone" but it doesn't really make sense to me...
Thank for the excellent summary of your journey, so far. Rest assured: While I respect the right of anyone to believe what they freely choose to believe, Fire-and-brimstone Christianity makes little sense to many open-minded Christians.

By the way, after studies and work experience in Canada I did some post graduate studies in theology at Boston University School of Theology--Liberal-thinking Methodists (1954--1955)--very open-minded to the sciences and to other open-minded forms of religion, not just Christian. I abhor and resent narrow religions that try to brain wash people. Thank GOD, there are those which do not.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org