Originally Posted By: K
Now I'm getting lost again. Please apply it to a stationary object taking infinite time to travel a small distance.

I’ll try, since you asked so politely.

First, I should take issue with “infinite time”; it is another example of the ubiquitous infinite series which cannot exist outside mathematics. However, in the interest of mutual understanding, let’s not be pedantic.

You want to talk about a stationary object taking infinite time to travel a small distance. If the object is stationary, it does not move, even a small distance. Even if it could be given infinite time, it would have to stop being a stationary object in order to move.

Your turn to do some explaining here: How does a stationary object move while still remaining stationary?

Let me try a little harder to understand what you are asking me to do. Can you tell me when a progression of time becomes infinite? Surely, a little time > a long time > a very long time etc. At what point can you say “this is now infinite”? Only at that point could you say that the stationary object had been stationary for an "infinite time", and even then it would not have moved.

I'm trying, but it seems that to ask the impossible, one has only to make it seem possible, then ask it!

There never was nothing.