Orac was a fictional computer in the TV series Blake's 7. To me it was a milestone in thoughts about computers and there relationship to humans because Orac was not the slave computer that obeyed humans nor was it the crazed computer out of control like HAL 9000 in a space odyssey. It was basically a box that knew pretty much everything but had this rather caustic personality and would even refuse to answer question that were to stupid. It was an interesting thing here was this box that could pretty much solve everything but chose not to out of ego, indifference and dislike for the stupid humans.

Nationality Tatar, from Uzbekistan, from the former USSR and there is something in the order I have written them :-)

My former masters would say my language is Russian although I speak a few other dialics much better and a Russian will tell you I speak Russian crassly. I was taught English as were most who showed aptitude in science although now living in an English speaking world it wasn't good enough :-)

Orac became my sort of hero because I would choose whether or not I would answer questions for my former masters as most of the politcal police where rather stupid.

I was given political asylum by Australia in 1996 and am a proud Australian citizen although I currently reside in USA because of my work. I really miss Australia and all my friends at ANU ... very home sick .. can you get homesick for a country you only call home for 10 years?

Religion was very discouraged in my upbringing whilst tolerated there was definite frowning upon.

My area of expertise is modelling astrophysics and particle and high energy physics.

I am slowly looking at religion but I find it very hard alot seem to want to grab you and brainwash you, I know that is probably harsh but from where I come from anyone trying to force you to "think this way" ... umm theres an expression ... gets my back up .. I think? I am reading a few books but alot of them are hard going ... one of my friends calls them "fire and brimstone" but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Well that I think covers me :-)

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.