Originally Posted By: Bill S.

The fact that we are restricted to the 4D of spacetime prevents us from making the sort of observations you suggest.

Huh? We can see atoms, or Christmas cakes and notice that they're finite in space. So why not just look at them and say "oh the cosmos is finite because this part of it is also finite"?

Quote:

Of course, you are right, but an analogy is not the real thing, and should not be taken too literally. Possibly your

But that was the critical point of the idea! That a finite part still includes everything. A holographic plate doesn't do that, so the analogy isn't relevant.

Can you explain what your 'infinity' means?

I think you said "all embracing". That's certainly not what it means to most people. You're really not using the same definition, so nobody knows what you mean. I think if you call it "ugbugu" then you can't lean on people's preconceptions, and you'll be forced to really understand what it means in your context.

Quote:
I don’t think I have invented a new meaning for infinity. The Ancient Greeks and Augustine of Hippo

It doesn't matter what happened thousands of years ago. The meaning that it's generally given today seems to be very different from your meaning. That difference has allowed you to make some logical deductions which would fail if the conventional meaning of infinity were applied.