Originally Posted By: Revlgking

They never thought of 'god' as an objective being--one with dimensions. A 'god' with dimensions is an idol, a work of art, which can be a symbol for good, or evil. To get beyond this limited and simplistic way of thinking is why I use the acronym, GOD, not the noun, God.

And that is entirely possible our universe appears to be a construct and there does appear to be things outside it which I would believe is the current mainstream view.

If you like I am telling you explicitly Big bang nor any other physics can deny the existance of god because our world is not as hard and set as our human mind percieves and that is the personal view I was talking about.

It is only layman understanding that pits Big bang against God because the layman thinks the Big Bang is the start as a physicist it's just an event just like our sun will blow up one day.

Hmmmm ... never thought about that I guess layman would consider that the end of the universe because there world ends which of coarse it is not from a physics point of view the universe would tick along quite happily without our solar system.

Last edited by Orac; 08/09/11 03:06 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.