Quote:
Originally posted by Count Iblis II:
Johnny Boy, why not put your article on arXiv.org, then we can all read your article?

The referee report wasn't that negative. I have received a similar refreee report myself too some time ago and was still able to publish my paper in another journal.

You need to explicitely address the points raised by the referee in your article, even if you feel it is unnecessary. So, your theory may have the answers, but to the referee this isn't clear. Often it is best to modify the introduction of the paper and incorporate the points raised by the referee to explain what you are going to do and why.
Your advice makes good sense. I have started to modify the introduction because I felt that I might not have kept it short ande simple enough. I am still considering whether I should resubmit it. After all it took 4 months to get this response.

Being a retired old coot, I do not know much about arXiv.org. Pasti also gave me the same advice; however, when I tried to access this portal I could not find any information of the procedure I have to follow. If you guys can tell me step-by-step what to do, I will gladly post it on arXiv.org for your comments. Is it correct that I can then still later submit it to a peer reviewed journal?