Quote:
Originally posted by Count Iblis II:
Quote:
Originally posted by Boytjie:
Quote:
Originally posted by Count Iblis II:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
You already made clear here that you don't even understand simple electrodynamics when you claimed that a steady circular current will emit radiation because ''the charges are accelerating toward the center''. I.e. you naively apply Larmor's formula without understanding that it doesn't hold in this case.

Now you expect that someone could explain to you in a few words how the Meissner effect comes about? I think Prof. Wiles would have more success explaining his proof of Fermat's theorem to his dog. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Nice of you; however, whether a circulating current radiates or not has nothing to do with the original question with which this thread has been opened. So I do not want us to proceed arguing at a tangent. Therefore I am returning to the original topic. You have continuously avoided to give a straight answer but rather resorted to insults and subterfuge.

The fact is that when you switch on a magnetic field over a superconductor, currents start to flow exactly as one would expect if they are generated by the induced electric field. You deny that the electric field is responsible for this and stated that:
(i) Feynman deliberately misled his students because the mechanism is so complicated.
(ii) Then you argued that the mechanism is driven by some obscure "advanced mathematics" which you are unable to explain.

Wow what a physics discussion! No wonder physics has been in a quaqmire for more than 70 years. Einstein, Schroedinger, why have you left us with a bunch of scientific midgets?