Great responses; just what I wanted. By using the vector potential in the Schroedinger equation to so-call "explain" the Meissner effect still assumes that the "Cooper pairs" respond to an electric field; i.e. they are accelerated to reach an appropriate velocity in order to cancel the applied magnetic field. The interaction between a charged particle, whether an electron or a boson (which internally have conjugate momenta - what ********!) is still through an induced electric field. The electric field is either induced by the magnetic field changing (Faraday effect) or by the charge moving relative to the magnetic field (F=vxB).

Now this argument is a beaut: "And what happens after the driving field caused by changing the magnetic field from zero to B has vanished?" Correct then there is no electric field and the current proceeds without an electric field being present. So this "explains" superconduction for circulating currents (well not quite; see below); however, superconducting currents also manifest linearly between two contacts, and when you increase the emf of the circuit in which the superconductor forms an element, the velocity of the carriers increases, which implies that they respond to an electric field. BUT in this case the electric field cannot go to zero because of an externally applied magnetic field becoming stationary!! So what happens to the electric field?

As indicated above there is another problem with circulating currents after the electric field disappeared: Why do the circulating currents NOT dissipate by radiating electromagnetic waves? After all, one can increase their circular velocity by increasing the magnetic field; which implies that their kinetic energy has increased. It is known that when you generate circular currents around a ring and switch off the magnetic field, you trap magnetic field energy around the ring. This means that the circulating current should radiate electromagnetic waves as long as its movement can be sustained by the presence of the trapped magnetic field. Once this energy is used up, the circulating currents should stop. Why is this not observed experimentally? It cannot be explained in terms of BCS theory.

I have submitted a paper four months ago and am still waiting for a reply. When I get it I will post it on this thread.

O yes I nearly forgot the following response: "Ohm's law is not a fundamental law. As Uncle Al posted here, superconductors only have zero resistance to DC currents. When you switch on fileds then you cause a response that cannot be calculated directly using some ''Ohm's Law''. You need to start from the fundamental theory that describes the electrons in the metal."

So what you are saying is that when the electric field changes, the reaction is not that of a superconductor. I can apply an external magnetic field so that it increases in intensity at a constant rate. The induced electric field will then be constant at all times until the magnetic field reaches its maximum value. Thus the charge carriers are accelerated by a constant electric field. One would thus expect that they will always be accelerated between two electrical contacts. This would mean that there is a potential difference between the two contacts. This, in turn, would mean that you do not have superconduction even though the carriers are not scattering within the material; this is similar to the electrons in a vacuum diode NOT forming a superconducting phase.