Quote:
Originally posted by Count Iblis II:
Quote:
The fact still remains that you have not been able to give me a mechanism by which the charge carriers accelerate when the magnetic field is switched on
We did give you the intuitive arguments here. The rigorous approach to this problem is given in the book by Rickayzen. So, I did give you the correct arguments but it is not possible to write it down here.

Your debating tactics are to attack theories on subtle points. This then makes sense to lay persons. To understand in detail why your arguments are wrong requires knowledge of more advanced methods of theoretical physics.
I believe that a person who does not understand physics hides behind complicated mathematics to make his point. This is what you are doing here. I know the derivation in Rickayzen's book. It does not make any physical sense. No wonder you are incapable of explaining the physics involved. All these derivations lead to an expression where the current density is given by the gradient of the phase of the so-called order parameter (or Bose-Einstein multiparticle function). This generates a conservative field. Now there is a major problem when you generate circular currents with a magnetic field; the resultant currents manifest as a circular field. Thus by equating them to the gradient of the phase you are equating a conservative field to a circular field. This violates the basic rules of the mathematics of fields. Probably only you and a selection of "highly trained theoretical physicists" (the high priesthood?) can understand how the more advanced methods of theoretical physics can override the rules of mathematics!.