not that I believe that relativistic mass has anything to
do with reality but you should realize that.

relativistic mass m_r is different from invariant mass m_0

the invariant mass m_0 of a particle is independent of its velocity v, relativistic mass m_r increases with velocity and tends to infinity as the velocity approaches the speed of light c.

Quote:
m = m_0/sqrt(1 – v^2/c^2)

LOL , if thats always going to be the answwer then why not
simply use

m = m_0/0

and leave the useless rest of the equation out of it.

Quote:
Since it would take infinite energy to accelerate anything with a mass m_0 greater than 0 to a speed of C then you can't do it.

the problem is that .999999991 c is really very close to c.

can we actually account for the energy input that accelerates the proton to that speed in the LHC?

not counting any of the energy that is used other than the actual acceleration itself.

in other words does the earth experience a total blackout
when the LHC is accelerating a proton from
.999999990 to .999999991 c?

I really dont think so , in fact a tiny amount of energy is
required to accelerate the proton and all of this fabricated
math requires more energy than any portion of the earths energy that the LHC has ever used.

the energy of the latest record breaking collision was 14 Tev

but lets light that up with a comparison to a 100 watt light bulb.

14 Tev = 0.000014 J

100 watts / second = 100 joules / second

the energy required to light up one 100 watt light bulb for 1 second is enough to perform 7,142,857.14 of the 14 Tev LHC collisions.

so that extra 0.000000001 m/s to reach c would require all the remaining energy in the multiverse?

I dont think so.

the math guides you to believing that the speed can not increase to c , but then it leads you to believe that the
accelerated particles mass can increase infinitely.

thats some pretty far fetched stuff to be believing in.

I havent ever heard of an example of mass increasing due to speed.

do you know of any real world examples of mass increasing due to increasing speed?

now if relativistic mass m_r is not really to be confused
with actual real world invariant mass m_0 then Im ok with it.

because that would mean that all this talk of matter becoming
so massive as it approaches c that there isnt enough energy in the multiverse to accelerate
matter further to c would all be used in a relativistic sense and would have nothing to do with reality.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.