Originally Posted By: Orac
Bill S happily believes a tachyon might exist and to it time would go backward as just one example. To you or I time going backward and retro causality are a drop dead no go but not to Bill S he has no basis to know why that is.

You disappoint me Orac. I am very doubtful about the existence of tachyons, and I certainly do not believe they travel backwards in time. Time was you would have read my posts carefully enough to have realised that. The same goes for retro causality. If I have ever said anything that might have given the impression I believed in that (and I would interested if someone could find such a post), it would have been a case of “devil’s advocate”.

Originally Posted By: Orac
If you don't want to discuss the sanity we are forced to put in place because it is "beneath you" or "too silly" don't beat me up about it that's the reality layman see.

Could it be that the reality the layman sees is the readiness of “experts” to berate one another.

Quote:
The only difference between Bill S and a string theorist in reality is the string theorist realizes the universe he is describing is not ours and Bill S can't see that, he is not trying to directly violate the laws of physics he violates the sanity under it.

Is it worth looking again at the OP and telling me where I violate the laws of physics, or the underlying sanity?

There never was nothing.