Originally Posted By: pmb
The best I can figure out is that you're referring to reasonableness or logical

That is exactly the meaning that is intended where I used the word

but for some sad reason, perhaps you have a need to impress someone with what you think is a clever play on words, you have to change it to a use that nobody on earth uses except you.

Sorry there was no play it is an expression(s) we use in my circle of work and friends routinely and is interpreted exactly as per your meaning above,it may have become a bit like the teens use "cool", "rad" etc by looks.

The fact is that you don’t need to use that term and you certainly aren’t using it correctly, so knock it off!

Why do we have to keep telling you the obvious???

I have stopped using it PMB because it is blatantly obvious it offends you and others.

You had to tell me because it wasn't obvious to me, I use the expression routinely.

You have now explained it is the word itself is the problem not something contextual within a sentence so I can simply avoid the word. I will do my best but I am slightly worried because if I don't think it may slip because I really do use it a lot.

If you go back to AR2's response it is not clear the word itself was inappropriate so I thought it was something contextual that AR2 was reading.

I can't fix what I don't understand and "using a poor bastardized version" of English is because it is not my first language and I started on this forum expressly to try and improve my English as I am sure Bill and AR2 can verify it was my first thing I explained in my very first post.

You can't improve your language skills without interaction and this is one of those cases where I am trying to understand where it all went wrong.

Last edited by Orac; 01/22/14 05:09 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.