I was definitely not trying to even incite or tease PMB I actually rather like the guy but I was having a bit of a chuckle at the way he was handling the discussion which he obviously took the wrong way and caught me by surprise. Clearly he didn't see the situation as I did and took offense and if PMB was offended I sincerely apologize it was not intended, I have a lot of respect for him.

One of the problems I have and I am often told is my English is brutal it does not necessarily come out the way it is intended.

I will leave Bill S and PMB to it but I am perplexed how I became the bad guy in all that, and it was so bad it was clearly obviously to you AR2. I have re-read the exchanges a number of times and I was even trying to pacify PMB at the end but it wasn't working. Hey I am used to being the SAGG bad boy so I guess I will have to grin and bear it even though I am completely puzzled.

Personally I doubt the forum could get more bad reputation, you know my view that there should be a hell of a lot more moderation and that is not intended to be antagonistic to you either (I am worried how that translates, I have had 4 goes at it)... I am on record for that many times as you know so it is not a response to your rebuke to me. Does that make sense and come out without antagonism?????.

If you want to enforce more moderation and that includes my comments I am all for it.

As for playing childish games what can I say the forum allows childish posts not moderated out that should be and I am sure the complaints you had were from people playing every bit as childish a game as I was. I know for example Newton and Paul will has issues with me because 99% of their posts are childish junk that shouldn't be on the forum and I am happy to play their silly games.

I post here under an Avatar for a reason because I will happily discuss anything and everything that is allowed on the forum without worrying about the politics and norms involved in such discussions. In taking the Avatar I claim no authority or expertise of anything and in fact when asked I usually go for janitor as my profession because I want people to take my arguments at face value. I am completely comfortable I can prove whatever I want to off first principles.

You said the forum guideline is

=>This forum is here to consider serious questions by people who are sincere in their curiosity

The ones who no doubt have issues with me will be Newton, Paul because I don't consider they meet the guidelines on 99% of there posts because they aren't serious questions. I could choose to ignore them but I tried that for a while and it didn't slow down the only thing that seems to keep the stupidity to a reasonable level is out and out confrontation. Confrontation and bullying is a slippery slope and I may from time to time overstep the mark and you may indeed need to pull me up on it from time to time, I have no issue when you feel that.

I am sure a number of people on the forum would prefer I not act the way I do but it is in response to their actions. The question they then need to address is I am willing to change and act better on the forum are they.

Last edited by Orac; 01/20/14 09:45 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.