Originally Posted By: finiter
The basic assumption by Newton that force can create acceleration has led to the wrong notion that 'energy transfer takes place whenever a force acts'. However, Newton did not explain how the energy transfer takes place. So later it was suggested that energy is transferred by transfer of virtual particles.

What I suggest is that 'for a force to act, no energy transfer is required between the bodies that interact. However, when a force acts, the internal energy of the body changes into speed and thus acceleration takes place. The acceleration will be proportional to the force only if the body has enough internal energy or it acquires enough energy from its surroundings.

The weak force is a dis-integrative force, and probably it is the potential energy (internal energy) or a pseudo force that causes the decay.

The strong force is attractive just like gravity. It can be the gravity at quantum level. The weak gravity we observe at the normal level is the spill over or residual force after the formation of atoms.

You are educated enough to work this out yourself there is a HUGE gotcha in what you just suggest and I will give you a huge hint look at Newtons 3rd law and you should see the problem.

You don't really take that all seriously do you, or perhaps you believe in perpetual motion?

Last edited by Orac; 08/16/11 09:03 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.