QM and GR have to merge otherwise you have a boundary condition and why and what is causing that boundary condition?

The problem has been originally QM was considered to be only at very small distances the current records are massive by comparison to the original view of atom like scale. We have entagled 1500+ atom structures that is about the size of the insuline molecule and even made quantum resonators (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_machine).

They used to have spheres they don't anymore so they have to merge because which you need to use is a bit arbitrary at the moment.

We have now spent almost 100 years trying to merge QM into GR and have been unable to do so. This was based around a backdrop that GR covered the larger area of size and so it just needed adjustment at very small scales.

On the reverse side QM which has exploded in the last 5-10 years and the small size it was supposedly restricted to grows upwards relentlessly. The laws and mathematics has also rigorously been refined and solidified.

What GR has failed to do in 100 years QM can now do trivially there are infact multiple ways to bridge GR into QM as opposed to exactly zero being the reverse because in reverse they always fail Bells Inequality and EPR. The merge does not need to change the laws of GR at all which itself is fascinating.

Like you Bill I am always skeptical and hence I don't say it is proven but given the problems with GR incorporating QM I therefore also do not except Big Bang or at least the gravity dominated view of big bang which is where this conversation started.

Whether any of these merges represent our real world is a completely different question the jury is still out on that one.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.