In essence you are moving the problem around here is the formula for magnetic potential and yes thats the name we give it

http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/magnetic/magpot.html

And down the rabbit hole you go ....

So where does the magnetic potential arise from and where did it go when the two magnets joined?

I hope I am starting to make sense now ... to answer the question you are going to need to understand electron spin and QM and its why we lie to students.

And the page above gives the answer

Quote:

These relationships for a finite current loop extend to the magnetic dipoles of electron orbits and to the intrinsic magnetic moments associated with electron spin and nuclear spin.

Basically it is the same gravity it is fundemental to matter and the laws of physics which is QM.

This is my dislike of some of Big Bang theory we have given above it makes perfect sense from conventional physics (the world of gravity) but it is completely ridiculous from QM point of view.

QM had to arise at some point either right at formation or some point after. At that point certain things have to be in place it's not possible for them not to be.

There is alot of ridicule in QM circles about some who only see gravity world and big bang only involves gravity. In that world Stephen Hawkings is a funny little man in a wheelchair, as Sascha Vongehr commented, who wants to shoot schrodinger's cat.

The theory of big bang from QM perspective is yet to be written and I suspect there are a few nasty shocks coming.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.