Originally Posted By: DA Morgan
An analysis that disagrees with that of CSIRO, NOAA, NASA, and essentially every reputable reference I can find.

Actually no. CSIRO, NOAA, NASA and essentially every reputable reference I can find, have not done the in depth analysis of australia's temperature like I have, so they do not disagree with them.

Originally Posted By: DA Morgan
But lets return to the subject of this thread. You wrote:
"Antarctica shows no signs of warming up"

So, I presume, it is your claim that more ice is melting without any input of heat. Can you explain this without violating the laws of thermodynamics?

Well, according to the British Antarctic Survey

- Antarctica seems to be both warming around the edges and cooling at the center at the same time. Thus it is not possible to say whether it is warming or cooling overall.
- There is no evidence for a decline in overall Antarctic sea ice extent.

Also
Comiso (2000) assembled and analysed Antarctic temperature data obtained from 21 surface stations and from infrared satellites operating since 1979. They found that for all of Antarctica, temperatures had declined by 0.08?C and 0.42?C per decade respectively, when assessed via these two data sets.

and...
Doran et al. (2002) examined temperature trends in this area of Antarctica over the period 1986 to 2000, reporting a phenomenal cooling rate of approximately 0.7?C per decade.
This dramatic rate of cooling, they state, "reflects longer term continental Antarctic cooling between 1966 and 2000," with the largest cooling centered around the South Pole and Dome C.

also...
Thompson and Solomon (2002) also report a cooling trend for the interior of Antarctica, while sea-ice concentration has increased and the length of the sea-ice season has increased over much of
eastern Antarctica and the Ross Sea."

and this too:
Watkins and Simmonds (2000) reporting on trends in a number of Southern Ocean sea ice parameters over the period 1987 to 1996, they found statistically significant increases in sea ice area
and total sea ice extent, as well as an increase in sea ice season length since the 1990s.

Hmm, so what was that question again?