Quote:
Originally posted by jjw:
Hi Dehammer:

Please note That I am well aware of the effects of gravitation and have been such since childhood. Please do not assume the issue behind a question has overlooked the obvious.

I, for this purpose, accept that there may be an expansion of the universe (while otherwise doubting) and by accepting same in the manner offered expect that ALL of the space within that universe is expanding. What you hit on is that the very space occupied by a Galaxy can expand while having no visable effect on the conents of that expanded space. That, to me, is not such an ignorant question to be skimmed over.

If you carry it to the extreme each Star and each planet and each dust clould would now occupy an area in space where the "density" of gravitation has been reduced, a bi product of expansion. The potential individual expansion of the parts creates a new measure of gravitation where the objects are larger, the distances are larger and put together simply provide another form of physics.

To conclude that gravity permits objects in an expanding space to be unaffected what happens to Einstein's Hypo of gravity warping space? Does it warp expanded space the same as our "ordinary" space? I do not need a response if you want to argue gravity some more.

jjw
sorry if that sounded like i was talking down to you.

the point is that its not the vacuum that causes expansion, its the initial pressure from the big bang.

vacuum does not exert more pressure on a star or a solar system just because there is more of it. beyond the point where the vacuum exist there is no more pressure to cause stars or solar systems or galaxies to expand.

at the same time, once one galaxy is beyond the pull of another, there is nothing to slow it down. Or more presisely, there is very little to slow it down, since its is believed that gravity waves of the farthest galaxy is still being felt on earth. its just that over the extreme distance, it is hardly felt, and has little effect on the speed the galaxy had when the big bang shot everything out.

stars in galaxy are within the gravity range of all the other stars in that galaxy, but only rarely will a galaxy be within the range of another. Ive seen pictures and artist rendering of what is happening to two that happen to be in each others range. they are exchanging stars frequently (in the time-line of the universe). by claiming that the material of the universe should be spread out, you saying in effect that gravity has no effect or that there is some force that is at least greater, but there is no evidence of.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.