I claim no special training in astronomy. What I know of it was self taught piece-meal over many years. You have a way of offering a question that includes an assumption of certain ingredients that would make it impossible for me to answer honestly.

You assume a Big Bang and I do not.
Your assumption appears to make it a condition precedent to everything and I do not accept that as an established fact. When you sit back and reconsider our leaders present coclusions you will see that each step requires the next step if you wish to make sense of it all. There must be a bang to start exspansion. We must find a way to show that there is exspansion. We must find ingredients in space that confirm the Bang and so on and on. It is not unlikely that you will find that specific thing you seek, and, behold, the path is complete so why question it?

Uncle Al, in another topic reply, reffered to me as a "simple creature" and after giving that contention some thought I agreed. I endeavor to view the universe and its contents in a simplistic way. The theories you recite are just a means of trying to explain- as yet unproven- what others believe about the universe. I do not contend any ones view point is incorrect. I just rely, for now, on my own views.

My simplistic view is that there is no edge of space, it is infinite. The universe that is contained in that space may expand or contract while having no effct on the space within which it exists. Based on proven, or unproven facts, if you prefer, the universe is not expanding as is argued.

You may reasonably regard my views as retarded in the light of the extensive evidence offered to prove current conclusions and I expect that. The fine details will be the hurdle that the current basic view of an expanding universe will fail on, or maybe not. Big Bang or Bust.

It is all in fun and I see it that way.
jjw