Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
To quote Samuel Johnson:

"Sir, I have found you an explanation, but I am not obliged to find you an understanding."

YOYO!
no, what you gave was a new age mumbo jumbo about none existance as an attack on my explination. you gave no explination about anything, save your own ignorance. that was plenty understandable.

you have no explination, only bs about how no one can understand your nonexplinations.

i gave an explination to which you gave something that translated to "it does not exist, it did not exist and will never exist. there is no universe". that is not an explination. its an avoidance of an issue.

before you start trying to claim you did not say this, let me remind you that you said

"there was no inside

there was no outside"

if there is no inside and no outside there is nothing there. even a dot has an inside and an outside. therefore a dot exist. there was a sphere of something the phsysisit cant describe, but they have a certain size to it. if it was a sphere, it had an inside. if it had an inside, then there was an outer edge to it.

UNLESS you want to claim that it occupied all of space. if it did how did it expand. if it did occupy all of space there is no space for it to expand into now, so we have to be shrinking and falling into the center.

since this is as unlikely a scenerio as can be created, the odds are most likely that there is someplace for the expansion to go into, which means there is an outside and there always has.

therefore every "explination" that you gave in the time since has been totally without merit as all you were doing is making noise.

now, yoyo, give us a real explination of why the universe is expanding faster in the far reaches, or admit that you have nothing. you have given no explination of any kind, save that bit of mumbo jumbo about nonexistance.

jjw, why would a galaxy expand. what creates a galaxy is gravity pulling material together. the farther away from other parts of the galaxy things get, the weaker the gravity. same with solar systems. same with planets, same with starts.

to try to explain it in simple terms after the material from the big bang began to turn into matter and energy, (they cant explain what it was in the first few seconds of time after the bb) it started pulling stuff together to create stars and such. these stars started pulling on each other, but they had to much energy to be pulled together in the first period. they seperated (by processes i dont began to understand) into groups that began to spin around each other. as these groups seperated they began to pull on other groups less. then those groups got beyound the point where they would pull each other very much. instead they were only able to pull on the material they had already captured. now those groups of material are galaxies of stars. they still pull on other galaxies but only weakly. the farther away the galaxies get the weaker that pull.

on the other hand the stars are with in the gravity range of other stars and thus can keep pulling on them. thus they dont expand, and according to some theories will eventually be pulled into the black holes near the center of the galaxies.

the reason the solar system does not expand is the same reason. gravity pulls the material closer while it is within the pull of the other material in that solar system. according to one theory ive read, the sun will one day swallow up all the material of the solar system. albet another theory is that the sun will go nova first.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.