I know that the concept is well accepted by the accademic community but I can not help reviewing it every so often,

http://csep10.phys.utk.edu/astr162/lect/cosmology/expansion.html

"The Expansion of the Universe
Then, in the late 1920's, Hubble, building on results obtained earlier by Slipher, combined Doppler shift measurements of radial velocities with distance measurements to conclude that almost all galaxies were flying away from the Milky Way, and that the velocity of recession was proportional to the distance from us: the further the galaxy from us, the faster it was receding."

I have tried unsuccesfully to find some data that indicates the various Galaxies in the viewable universe are themselves expanding. There has been no indication that our Solar System or our Milky Way Galaxy have expanded that I can find. Possibly you know of something.

Another strange effect, to me, is that the farther away the objects are the faster we think they are going away from us.

It will not be popular but there is a consistency here that, to me, suggests a potential resolution to the problem.

1. We do not see expansion in our Gaxaxy.
2. Our Galaxy, and others, occupy areas in space that must otherwise be expanding as a part of the whole.
3. Locally where we can measure things accurately we can not confirm expansion within our Solar System.
4. The conclusion of expansion is based upon the appearance of light from distant stars.
5. The measure of that light shows the most distant stars moving away faster than those stars closer to us.

Assuming all of the above statements are correct what could account for our observing an apparent expansion of the universe?

I think it is the light we measure looking for the Doppler efect as our yardstick. A simple answer would be that light picks up speed the farther it travels. Greater speed provides a shift we interpret as expansion. Also this explains why most distant objects appear to go away faster because more distance equals greater light speed creating the illusion of greater velocity away from us.

Also the absence of documented expansion in objects we can see best tends to support this conjecture. Lastly we do observe Galaxies in collision and if from the start of things they were getting farther away that would not be taking place. That is my conjecture that happens to be a lot simpler that creating anti matter or dark matter or any other exotic stuff to explain what we see. Go get it.
jjw