Originally Posted By: Paul
without the co2 there
wouldn't be much oxygen for them to breath

The idea of burying trees is kind of a dumb idea, but your problem with it isn't quite as big as you seem to think. The problem there is that trees don't contribute all that much to the oxygen content of the atmosphere. I did a quick search and found a discussion on the Biology Stack Exchange discussing how much oxygen is produced by oceanic sources. Are trees the only source of large amounts of oxygen?
Originally Posted By: Biology Stack Exchange
71% of the earth's surface is taken up by water. Not surprisingly therefore, the seas are an important source of oxygen. National Geographic claims that photosynthesis by phytoplankton (mostly single-celled phototrophs, such as cyanobacteria, green algae and diatoms) account for half of the earth's oxygen production. The other half, they claim, is produced on land by trees, shrubs, grasses, and other plants.

The Ecology Global Network takes it a step further and claims that all marine plants (including phytoplankton) together produce 70 to 80 percent of the oxygen in the atmosphere.

Based on these reports, hence, marine phototrophs account for 50 - 80% of the earth's oxygen production.

With regard to terrestrial oxygen production, NASA reports that 30% of the land is covered by trees, and as much as 45 percent of the carbon stored on land is tied up in forests. So on land, trees are definitely large contributors to oxygen production.

So cutting down half of the trees would reduce the amount of atmospheric oxygen. But not by as much as you seem to think. Particularly since they would be replaced by grasses that would make up a large part of the difference.
Originally Posted By: Paul
BTW , the global warming has got me turning on my heaters
earlier this year... its obviously just my imagination of
course because everyone knows through the constant brainwashing that the global warming dictates that it shouldn't be cooler so I must be using the air conditioner instead of the heaters in my home.

Is it really getting cool early in Florida? Here in Oklahoma, and all up through the middle of the country clear to the Dakotas we have been having an unusually warm fall. Here in Tulsa we just had our first freeze of the season. In fact we just set a new record for the number of consecutive days without a freeze. My bedding plants in front of the house are still blooming. Normally they die out in September or early October. When you start saying things like that you begin to sound like Jim Inhofe, the idiot child Oklahoma keeps sending to the Senate. Last winter he brought in a snow ball from outside the capitol and used that to debunk global warming. He really shouldn't have wasted that snow. They needed it in Alaska because they had to reroute the Idatarod sled race because they hadn't had enough snow.

So if you believe in science why don't you believe the over 90% of climate scientists who say that anthropogenic global warming is real? I mean these are people who have actually studied the numbers and agree it is happening.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.