As sort of a general comment on this topic I ran into an interesting commentary a few weeks ago.

I really only have experience with mainstream religions before arriving in USA and was familiar with the usual views. Most just ignore dinosaurs but those who do deal with it vary from the patterns in the rocks humans just want to be dinosaurs, thru to they are the devils work designed to undermine one's faith.

You can easily look up the Vaticans official line of Dinosaurs

Vatican on Dinosaurs: This is a question for science, not theology. What we do know, however, is that “Nothing exists that does not owe its existence to God the Creator. The world began when God's word drew it out of nothingness; all existent beings, all of nature, and all human history are rooted in this primordial event, the very genesis by which the world was constituted and time begun."

What threw me the other week was one of the "new age" religion groups here in USA that had the dinosaurs all drowning in Noah's flood a few thousand years ago. Apparently Noah either didn't build a big enough Arc or God decided dinosaurs where wicked and evil and so they got there justice like all the other sinners. There seemed to be oscillation about which of these was the reason.

Paul doesn't like your idea Bill but I have to ask with his views of creation, did the dinosaurs drown?

Last edited by Orac; 11/24/15 07:13 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.