Sorry the problem with that is look at the ages of the humans in genesis and multiply them by 1000 years.

For example Cain murdered his brother at the age of 15, that means Cain was 15 000 years old. There are many human age in the book of genesis. Adam lived for 930 years so he is now a sprightly 930,000 years old.

So your only way out then is to say the 1000 year multiplier is only on the first part of genesis before the humans appear.

At that stage you are interpreting and admitting the book isn't accurate. You might as well interpret the story as being an allegory which is how most of the old mainstream religions take it.

To me a telling point is the Quran does not contain the start of genesis yet it does include almost every other detail, Adam and Eve, Cain and Able etc.

Since we are doing interpretation of the seven days of the creation story, here is my version. The bible puts creation 4000BC and I will agree with Paul's 1000 years = 1 day only it is literal from that start point. So we had 4 days up to the birth of Christ in 0 BC covering that 4000 years. This year being 2015 makes us 2 days into the last 3000 years and we all get judged and die in 3000 AD. There you go my own end of the world prediction based on the bible.

Paul, that is meant in good humour to show the issues with interpretation as I see it.

Last edited by Orac; 11/30/15 05:22 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.