Originally Posted By: Paul

and we don't really know how many days that passed away before
adam and eve ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and
evil after adam was created by God , but for each of those days that did pass then each day would have been as a thousand years as it is with God.

Originally Posted By: 2 Peter 3, KJV
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Then the Lord sees one day (our time) as a thousand years. But 1000 years (our time) is 1 day to the Lord. So which is it?

I agree that the Bible doesn't say anything about when they ate of the fruit, but I don't see how that can be counted for or against the age of the universe. Since by that time they were on Earth they should have been keeping Earth time, one day per day. It is only the Lord that has the odd time keeping. I really prefer to think that when Peter made his statement he was talking about a completely different subject, and his statement is being taken out of context. He was using the Lord's time keeping to explain why the second coming hadn't happened yet.

Of course the Lords time keeping sounds a lot like time in Special Relativity. It all depends on your frame of reference.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.