I agree that the op was not about religion , but questions were
asked so I provided my thoughts.

I cant in any way however agree with your comment below.

Quote:
The fact is that the whole backing for the Creationist view of the universe is found in the Bible.

in fact the thing that backed or enforced and continues to
back and enforce my beliefs about creation is the lack of any evidence that supports evolution.

everything just suddenly appeared and that simply is not evolution and looks a lot more like what creation would be.

it does not matter how many scientist or people like orac
believe in evolution , millions , billions , or gazillions
of believers will not change the fact that a belief in evolution is a faith based belief.

Darwin himself had a problem with evolution and as I remember
he noted in a book his words that point to creation as occurring before evolution occurred.

or something like that because he could only find fully formed animals in his explorations.

Quote:
Most Creationists accept the Bible as containing the true story of the origin of the universe. This belief is based on no independent observations.

I suppose you mean that there have been no scientist that
went back in time and observed creation.

then I also suppose that there have been scientist that went
back in time and observed evolution as it occurred.

otherwise your comment means nothing to me.

Quote:
While many Creationists claim to have scientific evidence that the Biblical story is true they have not so far come up with any unequivocal evidence.

the same exact thing can be said for evolution , there is
no evidence for evolution.

but the lack of evidence for evolution is evidence for
creation !!! isn't that the way that science moves?

and this is one of the places where science tries to
become a religion which is based on faith and not evidence.

unless science has found those animals that Darwin could not find you might be better off sticking to the things that science is suppose to do and refrain from making claims that you cannot prove.

but we should move away from this and continue with the op

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.