I just thought about this , if all autos become self driven and if a self driven auto runs into a crowd of people and kills people I wonder how well will the families of the deceased manage their newly acquired auto industry?

the deaths cant be the fault of the people/drivers so you can never be sued for any accident or get a traffic violation , also this would remove the need for owners of these self driven autos to purchase auto insurance , and that will cost the us economy untold billions of dollars and jobs in the insurance industry , there will be no state or local income from traffic law violators , so the state or local governments will need to sue the auto manufacturers for any remotely detected traffic law violations. the people may only be leasing these vehicles to transport them from place to place so they shouldn't need to purchase a car tag or pay any taxes on the car each year that will all be the responsibility of the drivers of the vehicles and the driver is the operating system and the parts of the vehicle that the programming controls. and if you don't own the vehicle then you don't own
the driver and cannot be found guilty of any offense the driver will make. the leasing company would be at fault
for any offence that the vehicle makes or who ever owns and controls the vehicle.

I doubt that people will want to purchase a self driving vehicle knowing that they would be responsible for the damages it might do to others or their property.

you would basically be riding in a taxi cab only you pay a monthly fare vs the fare for each individual trip you hire.

so your talking about taking income away from state and local and federal governments , that's just not going to happen no
matter how sweet the idea is ... just like the energy taxes
prevent any type of energy savings from coming into use.

the law makers are just a group of crooks that belong to those
who would lose great amounts of money , so no it wont happen.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.