Quote:
I might point out that when the US Constitution and its first 10 amendments were written the militia members provided their own weapons. And they would mostly have been hunting weapons.

exactly the militia members provided their own weapons and back then there was little or no difference between a british military weapon and a colonist weapon.

they all used a flint spark to ignite gun powder that fired a single round of ball ammunition , they then had to reload which took apx 15-20 seconds and point the weapon in the direction of their respective foe and fire again.

not much aiming took place they mostly just fired into the crowd.

the us military have in fact advanced so far that a single modern soldier with a light machine gun could have defeated the entire british army and could have mowed them down at a distance so far away that they would never know where the
soldier was ... and he could have done that at night with
an ir scope ... or he could have simply sunk the wooden ships as they approached the shores using he rounds.

the us military could do the same thing today to the states defense forces just as easily if the people in the military
would fire on civilians.

and the military is training them to fire on civilians from what I understand , what I would do is remain calm and do the training to prevent myself from being weeded out of the military because of my ideals and then if the time ever comes when an officer tells me to kill a civilian I would kill the officer because he would have proven to me that he is my enemy.

if that ever comes into play in the military I am certain there will be many more that would react the same way.
the ass kissers of course will follow orders no matter what orders are given in order to please their superiors.

Quote:
I believe that the state, actually mostly community, militias would have been on call to the federal government in case of invasion. So that the state National Guard organizations have mostly taken the place of the militias.

yes the president would be the commander in chief of the
army and navy of the united states , the national guard and the state militias (which have become the national guard).

but the state defense forces are under full control of the governor of its state.

Quote:
State defense forces (SDF; also known as state guards, state military reserves, or state militias) in the United States are military units that operate under the sole authority of a state government; they are partially regulated by the National Guard Bureau but they are not a part of the Army National Guard of the United States. State defense forces are authorized by state and federal law and are under the command of the governor of each state.

the national in national guard implies ( national control ) and the national guard is under national / federal control.

when our government clearly desires to remove the freedoms and the powers that are granted to united states citizens by the wording of the us constitution and steps and measures are being taken by the government to implement the removal of these freedoms , rights and powers , to me it is a clear and unquestionable desire of the government to void the us constitution and each state should provide the funding of its state defense force prior to demanding that the federal government repay its fair share of that funding because the us constitution deemed it necessary for every state to have its own well regulated militia and it did not state that every state should have a portion of the us military within its borders to serve as the sole protection of its state.

Quote:
As far as invasion of one state by another I find it unlikely. However, I do know that at one time Oklahoma's Governor, Alpha Bill Murray, called out the National Guard to protect a bridge across the Red River from Texas. A new toll bridge had been built and they wanted to tear down the old free bridge. I don't know if any other states have come that close to war with a neighboring state. Of course right now I think Governor Murray's actions are looked at more with amusement than with pride. A demonstration of the klutzes we have elected from time to time.

well there was of course the us civil war where each states militia from the north (USA) and the south (CSA) were organized and commanded by their respective state government in the years leading up to the war between the states.

Quote:
Anyway, the constitution gives the federal government control over inter-state affairs. So if one state tried to invade another the US Army would probably be called on to intervene. The chances of such an event are extremely remote

well , the us constitution also clearly gives the state governments the right to have and the control over a state militia ... but where are these mighty state militias that defend the states?

so the us constitution says this somewhere and it says that somewhere else ... why does one saying have powers over another saying?

not having a well regulated ( well equipped ) militia in each state that is controlled by each state as the us constitution requires sort of allows the rest of the us constitution to become defunct doesn't it.

or does it simply mean that the us government itself realizes that it could not get away with removing our freedoms if these requirements in the us constitution were fulfilled.

Quote:
And the constitution gives the federal government responsibility for defending the country from foreign invasions, so a state militia would only be useful as a source of conscripts for the regular army, which is what the National Guard provides.

theres always the possibility that a nation that could quickly form a really large army such as china or Russia or india or a group of nations such as these might decide for some reason to invade the united states and in the event that the us regular army forces were defeated and had surrendered to the invaders
each state may not want to sign over their sovereignity to the invading armies ... if each state had a well regulated militia then these invaders would then be faced by forces that might just prove to be too much for them to defeat and at that time the wording of the us constitution would be seen as the savior of the united states as a nation , they could build the ships needed to invade the invaders nations and get on with it at that point.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.