Originally Posted By: paul
think about the
lives of those who have walked before you and those who have
sacrificed their life so that you can have the freedoms
that you have today and look back at
your footprints that you will leave.
I have no desire to become a martyr, nor fight other peoples battles so their lives become better without any contrasts to stimulate their desires to choose a state of mind.

Yes there are plenty of Hero's to show us that if you put your mind to it, that not only is self realization possible, but that it (understanding thru experience) is superior to complacency and any logic that follows the thought of "I'll just accept what anyone tells me as truth without any need to experience anything for myself." Gun control or any other type of control implies a lack in the capabilities of man to survive the attributes (like weapons of war) of a civilization that creates destructive weapons to protect itself from one another. IF mankind is unable to get along in the first place then perhaps it shouldn't be able to arm itself or create anything to harm itself. But the obvious rationale, is that no matter how intelligent one is, self destruction seems to be inclusive of fear and the need to follow any worst case scenario within the imagination.

We are taught to fear, not taught to understand ourselves or to even master our fears. We are taught to compare and judge ourselves which often leads to competition that isn't inspired by creativity but rather self worth. Psychological profiling and segregation are part and parcel to education, social, political and even religious belief.

All authorities of government in history have used weapons of all kinds. From words to rocks spears, swords, arrows, guns and to those of mass destruction to kill anyone who threatens a particular social idealism or the ground upon which it is created and practiced. The simple fact is, no matter what the state of the hierarchy, whether put into the right or wrong hands, innocent people die when they (weapons of any kind) are used for personal protection or for righteous protection.

Man fears man and there is not nearly as much attention put upon understanding the nature of man as there is in accepting that man is dangerous and needs protection from himself.

So, History shows us that man continues to do the same thing over and over again with the same results. Why continue walking in the shoes of man that perpetuates the same habits that don't produce any better results in self understanding or the understanding of ones relationship with each other or the universe?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!