Ah yes Paul, I agree with you, but somehow you twist my statements to be ridiculous. I don't see any place in my post about destroying cultural icons. I was advocating separation of church and state. The state should not support any religion. Obviously there are many states around the world that do, but that just makes it harder on their people.

And as far as keeping religious symbols off of public property here in the US I was thinking more of a specific example here in Oklahoma. Several years ago a 10 commandments monument was placed on the capitol grounds. It was a donation and was installed with private money. However a suit was filed and this year the state supreme court ruled that it violated the state constitution. So it was removed to a different location. Of course when it was first placed there it kind of opened a can of worms. A satanic group asked for permission to place a satanic monument on the capitol grounds. As far as I can see they had every right to do so. If you are going to allow one religion to place a monument on public property you need to allow all religions to do so.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.