Originally Posted By: paul
Quote:
Paul, if it was rigged can you give us a step by step account of how it was rigged?

why sure , Bill

I wouldn't put it past a scientist or a student these day's to introduce a mutagen into the mix just to prove evolution because
he has a personal grievance with Creation or religion , or
because he has been paid to do so.

especially since I have encountered what I have encountered on this forum.

that's step 1

there are no other step's

this experiment might show a probable cause of evolution
but it does not prove evolution , however until it has been replicated by other scientist
and might I add scientist that are creationist
I will not believe that it is proof of evolution or a probable cause of evolution.

Paul, that isn't a direct demonstration that the thing was rigged. It is just your idea of what could have happened based on your prejudices. You wouldn't be able to win a court case with that kind of evidence, and you certainly won't convert any body who actually looks at the evidence.

For your information, if you didn't check to see how the experiment was carried out. They didn't just observe the change. All through the experiment they took routine samples of the bacteria in the flasks and froze them, so they could check to see what happened. That was how they determined in what generations the 2 mutations that were required to allow the bacteria to metabolize citrates occurred. That makes it very difficult for somebody to mess with the experiment.

But the gentle readers we don't expect anything like logic from somebody who refuses to look at all the evidence for evolution, but still refuses to believe in it. Actually of course not looking at the evidence is important, because there is so much of it that they could not refuse to believe it.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.