Originally Posted By: Paul
it was a rigged experiment to try and prove evolution

Paul, if it was rigged can you give us a step by step account of how it was rigged? Both Amaranth and I have pointed out that E. Coli has never been able to metabolize citrates. So there must have been some slight of hand someplace. Since you spotted it so easily you should be able to point to just the place where the rigging took place. And be sure that it is a precise thing they did, since so far you have just said it was rigged, but with no clear explanation of what they did to rig it.

By the way. Can you tell me what they got out of this? This is a very long and involved experiment. I don't see that anybody is getting enough out of it to pay for the trouble. Dr. Lenski of course has a secure place in his university, but I'm not aware that university professors are getting rich off of their research, at least not off of general research that doesn't lead to something that can be sold at a profit. In fact I think that he would get a whole lot more if he some how proved that evolution wasn't real.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.