Originally Posted By: paul
Quote:
Personally I want all the people of Earth to have good living.

well, thats not happening Bill.

unless you consider working 15 hours a day, every day, every year, and sleeping in the factory you work in getting paid $0.30 an hour wages a good life.

that may be a good life for you because you can buy the products they make in those factories really cheap in the factory outlets in the U.S. , but for those slaves it is not
a good life.

While I really don't think that is strictly on topic for a science discussion I will make a sort of an answer. It is bad that they are being treated that way. But there is another side to that. They are earning a living. And they are developing greater expectations for the future. That is how we in the developed nations got to where we are. We started working in sweat shops, then started working to improve conditions. So while they are working under what we consider intolerable conditions they are also on the road to a modern way of life. This has happened in a number of places. After WWII Japan was disadvantaged. So they started making all kinds of cheap stuff. For years saying something was made in Japan was saying it was pretty much worthless. Then they started improving and their wages started going up. So the jobs moved on to Taiwan, and Korea, and Singapore, and the big one now China. This is a hard time for the Chinese workers but with the industrialization using cheap labor they are on the road to a highly improved lifestyle. That is how it has been working for at least a half a century now.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.