Originally Posted By: Ellis
But, TT, suppose the voters chose, by properly supervised voting, to return to communism.

Which time frame are we speaking of now? Return to communism from....?

Perhaps democracy has to evolve slowly as it did in the western Europe (Magna Carta was signed in the C12th), rather than be forced onto people almost overnight by others. It also requires expertise not necessarily there in other methods of government. An example of this is the concept of an opposition, which may , peacefully assume government as a result of election. This is an idea that has not caught on very clearly in many countries!!

Humanity would need to evolve first.

The Chinese have already had their Revolution, and a massive one it was, in which the peasants deposed their overlords. They then had Mao's Great Leap Forward-- a more 'peaceful' affair, but to our western eyes still horrific. It, and history generally, are still definitely not ignored by modern China.
Had their revolution? Are you suggesting since they had one that's it?
Universe rules no more than one?
History is often painted by the authority, so who knows what history is favored in China, and which history is favored in Western societies and whether they are the same.
Your last sentence, TT, suggests that your understanding of chinese history is quite unique, in fact as unique as their country is.
I suppose unique is a step up from farcical.
However I doubt that you and I have the same take on my last sentence.

There are all kinds of revolutions.. Industrial, spiritual, democratic, Communistic, maybe even humanitarian...

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!