Hehe it's just dawned on Paul what just happened an now wants to re-open it. The trick Paul is to worry less about me and more one the argument itself.

I don't want to be accused of giving you information you don't need, so the the simplest answer to all you other stuff is thus

Answer: Follow how the other frameworks define things. It's like metric/imperial you simply convert between them, sometime what you are seeing as a different answer isn't, just like values in kmph don't equal mph. If you claim they are wrong then you must be wrong as well as you give the same answer. In fact every valid physics framework gives the same answer for this question and all agree with observed measurement.

Calculation: The calculation in any valid framework will look exactly the same just in different units so it's a waste of time to do it. You will get an accelerometer will read zero for reasons within the framework which is what is measured.

Paul if you still really want to see the calculation, write out your calculation and pick the other framework and I will write the conversion next to your figures. That will minimize me wasting time.

So once again this thread is done every framework gives the same answer just expressed in different units and discussion is pointless.

Last edited by Orac; 01/09/16 02:21 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.