Originally Posted By: Bill
That is a point I have been trying to make to Orac. He won't just explain one point. He tries to show how smart he is by extending his reply out of all recognition in the context of the original question.

It has nothing to do with being smart .. please look up at the question posed in this post ... that is called CONTEXT.

Do orbiting bodies accelerate?

The answer is YES or NO depending on the framework you use ... WE ALL AGREE ON THAT ANSWER TO THE QUESTION NOW

It's sort of a silly question unless you isolate a framework. Now if I had have just said outright it's a stupid question I would have also been told I was being smart. Oh but wait I sort of did say that to Bill S as my first comment which I was trusting he would get as me not being smart but prompting it's a stupid question. I even gave details of framework switches he had made under that.

Originally Posted By: Orac
You are totally correct but still totally wrong and you can thank your teachers and classical physics smile

So I answered the question DIRECTLY ... but then Paul and later Bill G enter ... please review the thread from the top and what happened from there .... AND YOU BLAME ME.

Basically there is nothing I can do that won't be wrong. As for you two, there is never anything you are ever wrong on. I do find you both funny, in you concentrate so heavily on arguing me, you forget what the argument is about.

The ZERO wasn't answering the question posed. I wasn't being smart, or discussing anything beyond the question asked smile

Had you even realized we now have actually answered the OP question asked now?

I answered the question correctly in one post, and then dragged you two kicking and screaming to the same answer .... THE END.

You get the irony of you two complaining that it was me who put you two thru a whole pile of not needed discussion. Bill G knew the answer to the question but obviously decided just to answer the part about the accelerometer, so why don't you complain about him Paul? Bill G why aren't you complaining about Paul, he was the one that wouldn't accept the answer we have all now come back too? Bet I don't get an apology for wasting my time from either of you.

So stop complaining .... we all got there .... next thread please ... OP question answered and agreed by all after a lot of wasted time.

Last edited by Orac; 01/08/16 07:26 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.