Paul, you aren't interested in the answer as made clear by your spray at end, so why expect me to waste time answering?

Perhaps measure it all yourself, or ask your GOD what the answer is .. why do I care what a religious fruitloop believes smile

Don't claim you don't have access to an accelerometer there will be a pile of school classroom excercises on the net to build one with a bottle. If you have an I-phone there is a free app that will show you the phones acceleration. So there are two simple options, and who knows maybe even the religious can learn things by experimentation. Feel free to show us what you measure, which I will be happy to discuss.

Now for the record there is widerange accelerometers on board the International Space Station which is orbitting at 27,600 km/h. The reference page is (http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/fs11grc_prt.htm) which includes links to the outputs which update every 20 minutes. The instruments are so sensitive they can detect small accelerations from the operation of hardware, crew activities, dockings and maneuvering.

Want to guess what the nominal value the ISS accelerometers measure?

Last edited by Orac; 01/04/16 03:52 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.