In classical physics you need to create four fictional forces. We could use term observational forces if you like, which is what we do in Russian physics, as fictional has bad meaning. The forces are real in certain frames just can't be brought back to a universal reference frame.

Centrifugal force
Coriolis force
Euler force
Gravitational force

The first three are inertial frame issues being translated back to the static global frame classic physics demands. Gravity is problematic because we don't know what causes it and it comes from nowhere and goes to nowhere.

The first three cause problem because you can't find a zero reference. For example you feel the forces if you spin on earth yet earth is spinning itself. The earth is also moving around the sun and the sun and earth moving around the galactic center. Then that whole galaxy is also moving.

Now try and construct the force with all those motions back to some stationary point in space that classical physics says is possible and I believe you are saying.

It's easy if you just use the local reference and don't ask what's it pushing against, which is how we hand wave at school level smile

By default in doing the above we just went into relativity in a rather sneaky way. However classic physics demands a global reference frame so convert those forces to a global frame. The other part of the problem is that force must also be INSTANT no matter how far away.

In case you don't know Newton's gravity law's requires instant transfer for the same reasons.

Last edited by Orac; 01/06/16 01:39 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.