Originally Posted By: Orac
That is what happened to Bill G and I was curious to see if he knew why. His argument was you simply find a nice inertial frame move all the calculations to there include all the fictional forces and there you have problem solved. The sting in the tail is if there isn't at least one point in space that is stationary you aren't going to be able to use it on calculations on the universe as a whole because you can't satisfy the first law.

I don't recall saying anything like that. As I recall you talked about the accelerometers on the ISS and what they would read. I clearly pointed out that they would read zero. You then took it and tried to show that I am so dumb that I can't say anything right. The fact is that I was completely correct. The accelerometers show zero acceleration. That is because they are in free fall and there are no forces acting on the separate parts of the accelerometers. You asked me to define free fall, but I don't think it is my job to teach you. You should study up on the subject and find out for yourself instead of just trying to show how smart you are.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.